About this step
Automated critical referencing corresponding to property-based planning information. AI-assisted automation presents correlated categories of development and assessment tables for each development type for zone/s, local plan/s and overlay/s.
The Categories of development and assessment section allows you to define what level of assessment is triggered by each aspect of the development proposal.
We’ve made this process as simple as possible. The specific planning layers and overlay triggers applicable to the application are listed on the left-side navigation panel. Selecting a planning layer or overlay trigger, on the left-side navigation panel, results in the corresponding table of assessments being displayed in the centre navigation panel. While on the right-side navigation panel the user can select the category of assessment for each aspect of the development proposal as it relates to selected planning layers or overlay triggers.
Just roll down the list and work from left to right, top to bottom. Each time you complete an item/task in the list the task counter will update. When all of the tasks are complete the task counter will change to green and reflect the number of completed tasks equalling the number of tasks – e.g. “5/5”.
All of the specific planning layers and overlay triggers are automatically formatted, with their respective category of assessment for each aspect of the development proposal in the report.
Categories of assessment are defined for the application based on the user’s answers from this step and any change to the category of assessment that may be applicable for State matters. Automatically scheduled and formatted category of assessment for the application type in the appropriate report pages and sections.
As you work through the assessment, list all applicable benchmarks according to the table. In later steps Codes (Applicant), will allow you to determine if the applicable benchmarks are relevant to the development application.
What you will find here
Tables of assessment
Aligned with the development application type and specific trigger aspects of the proposed development and the respective.
Use the add button on the left panel to add any other local category triggers to your application.
Example: A variation approval may be given for the property, allowing a differing category of assessment to occur that varies the local planning instrument.
How to assess your development proposal against the local planning instrument
Once you have reached the Categories step, you are required to complete a series of questions that apply to determine the level of assessment for your development application.
On the left navigation panel, the app will present the applicable tables of development and categories of assessment that is applicable zone/s and overlay/s that are applicable to your site/s.
1. Select the list of tables on the left navigation panel, to bring up the applicable category of development.
2. The assessment tables will generate in the middle navigation panel.
Material Change of Use
3. For a material change of use and applicable zone, scroll through the assessment tables to identify the level of assessment for the height, density and land use/s.
4. Tick the level of assessment on the right navigation panel for the height, density and land use/s.
Repeat this step for all the applicable zones on the site.
Reconfiguring a Lot
5. For reconfiguring a lot, scroll through the assessment tables to identify the level of assessment by the applicable zone and precinct.
6. Tick the level of assessment on the right navigation panel.
7. For operational works, scroll through the assessment tables to identify the level of assessment by the applicable zone and precinct.
8. Tick the level of assessment on the right navigation panel.
Repeat this step for all the applicable operational works completed on the site.
9. Move through the categories of development for overlays that are applicable to the subject site.
10. Scroll through tables to identify the level of assessment for the applicable MCU, ROL and/or OPW application.
11. Tick the level of assessment of the right navigation panel.
12. Select the Save & Proceed button to move to the next step.
You are required to complete all the assessment questions before moving forward in the app.
You can go back to this step to change the level of assessment.
Example: If the height of the development changed from 9 meters to 12 meters, ultimately affecting the level of assessment from code assessable to impact assessable, you can go back to Categories to reselect the height assessment. Select Save & Proceed to update the new level of assessment throughout the app and report template.