About this step
The applicant’s name is required as part of building the development application.
The software gives you the option to invite your applicant to the application to fill in their details – saving you time, lowering double handling, and eliminating the risk of entering the wrong information, ultimately providing a high level of quality assurance.
Your invited applicant will only see the applicant step in the workflow, they won't be able to edit the rest of your application.
Alternatively, you can enter the applicant details yourself using the form.
If you’re using an existing/previous applicant for the application, the software will automatically pre-populate their saved details for you.
Applicant/s details will become visible in the town planning report (Part 2 Supporting documents) and within the Planning Summary.
What you will find here
How to invite your applicant into the application
1. Answer the question "Ask the client to fill out applicant details?"
2. If yes, the Client will gain access to both the Client (Applicant) and Applicant step, where they will fill out their details.
3. If no, you will be prompted to answer the question "Is the applicant the same as the client?"
4. If yes, the details entered at the client step will be copied into the applicant section of the report template automatically.
5. If no, the user will have the option to invite the applicant (different to the client) to fill out their own details.
6. Invite your applicant to the application by entering their email addresses into the search bar.
7. Select the invite button next to the search bar.
8. An email will be sent to the applicant and ask them to fill out their own details.
You can use the search bar to search by name, company and email address.
The details of previous applicants that have been invited are saved.
The applicant that you invite will only see the client page. They will have no access to other sections. You have the option to cancel the invite.
How to enter your applicant/s details into the application
Enter the applicant details through the auto-fill feature, you have the ability to search by name or email address.
Or enter the details manually by addressing the applicable content fields. Select the Add button (next to the autofill search bar) to create an applicant form.
You have the option to add more than one applicant (company or individuals). Simply continue selecting the ‘Add’ button to add as many applicants as you need
At a minimum company name OR first name and last name is required.
You have the option to skip this step and come back to it at another time.